Saturday, August 15, 2009

My dye job

Normally I am not a very crafty person. I have dappled in scrapbooking some a couple years ago, and I definitely enjoyed it...I just haven't had the time (or space) to continue it since then. I really want to learn to sew on a sewing machine. I think I'd love creating things from all the beautiful fabrics available. I dream of pillows, table runners, curtains, dresses and diaper covers, Oh my!

In the meantime, I saw online that some moms dye their diapers to make them cuter and more fun. I thought that sounds like a cheap and easy way to be crafty and make my diapers more fun (mostly for me...since D could care less what colors are on his bum, haha). Since I had 7 plain white diapers, I thought I'd give it a try!

So, I went to Joann's and picked up some Dylon dye in a beautiful aqua color and got right to work as soon as I got home. It turned out so wonderfully that the next day I went and picked up some yellow and blue dye as well. Those turned out great too! Yay! So far I have had no problems with them bleeding in the wash even though I wash in very hot water. So, check out my recent projects.... I am so proud :-)

Remember they started out plain white...click on the pictures to make them bigger if you REALLY want to see how nice and evenly they came out (if you care, haha)!



2 comments:

  1. How cute!!! You make me want to dye my Kissaluvs and Cricketts! They really turned out great. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Randi! You are so crafty! That last pic of David is the best... I want a copy of that. Oh, I love the new look of the blog too. It is very festive and fallish!

    ReplyDelete