Sunday, December 12, 2010

"O Holy Night"

Do you think you've heard every possible version of A Holy Night? I thought I'd pretty much heard them all. Up until this afternoon, Josh Groban's was the best version I've ever heard. That is until, I flipped on the radio at just the PERFET moment and caught the last 90 seconds of this version...I wish you could see how my heart was jumping for joy!!!! It was like I was hearing it for the first time! If you want to be moved, take the time to watch David Phelps sing. The song starts at 1:30 if you want to skip the talking in the beginning. Let me know what you think!


I ended up downloading the "studio" version from itunes and I actually think its even better than the live version. There is a brief period where the instruments drop out and its just his amazing voice that you hear. Its gives me chills. Praise the Lord!

Also, I should add, I know this is an older version and I really don't know how I made it this long without ever hearing it before. I guess I was too young to care when it actually was released, haha. This is very apparent to me when you see the lady adjusting her shoulder pads :-)

1 comment: