Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Family Recap

There has been too much going on in my house over the last couple weeks to give a full recap, so I'll be brief.

The baby wasn't gaining weight. In fact, by the time he was 3 weeks old, he was still 6 oz under his birthweight. This is not a good thing...and the pediatrician wasn't pleased.

I had to pump and supplement and wake him for just about every feeding to begin to fatten him up a bit. Thankfully, he did begin to gain weight and now at 4 weeks old, he is slightly over 8lbs once again. I anticipate that he will get chubby quickly now that breastfeeding seems to be going much better :-)

My mom has finally come in town to help us. I couldn't have been more excited to see her at the airport!!!

We've done a lot of playing out in the back yard since the weather has been so nice.
My husband went back to work last week. On my first day alone with the kids, I got a flat tire. Seriously, a flat tire. He had to come home early to get it fixed.

Then yesterday, my van wouldn't start. We had to have it towed out of my driveway this morning. Seriously.

Since we were stuck at home today, we wandered down to the playground to let the kids play. Then, we came home and let the kids jump in the sprinkler. They had a blast!

It wore them out :-)

And then we gave the baby a bath. Fortunately, I had a lot of helpers.

Oh, and C has been playing soccer three days a week. Which is A LOT of soccer for a 5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment