Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Decorating. In November.

I am one of those "crazies" that decorates for Christmas well before Thanksgiving.

On facebook, I have discovered that for some people, this is an unheard of practice :-(

I say, pish posh to them. I love Christmas and I don't think its ever too early to decorate!

Here is why I decorate so early....

1. I start decorating for Fall in August because by August, I am done with the hot summer and and ready to move on to some Fall colors and scents. So...by November, I have seen my Fall decor for 3 months. I am ready for a change.

2. My kids do a lot of waiting through out the year - They wait months to see their grandparents. They wait weeks at a time to see their Daddy. They wait a year for Christmas. So to me, if I can make Christmas come two weeks earlier than the rest of the world, I will. They get it that much quicker. And it lasts that much longer! Its a win/win.

3. I don't skip over Thanksgiving like some people believe, but for us, Thanksgiving just isn't a big hoopla. We are going to gather with some of our church friends and have a big feast at one of their homes. I am really looking forward to it! This is happening the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving itself, B will be packing to leave for another long trip and I am thinking we may just go out to eat as a little family for a good home cooked meal - maybe Cracker Barrel. B won't be home again until well into December, so at least he will have a little taste of some of our Christmas decorations before he leaves for a portion of the Christmas season.

4. Putting up Christmas decorations take a lot of time. Its a big deal. So, I would rather look at them for as long as possible. Plus, we go home to Atlanta for the last 10 days of December, so we don't get to enjoy our tree then....see why it makes sense to put it up 10 days sooner than everyone else?

5. Most of all, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love Christmas so very much. Its in my blood. My mom already has two trees up. My youngest sister already has her tree up. And my cousin fully expects to be fully decorated (inside and out) by this weekend. Its just what we do.

Call me crazy.

It probably wouldn't be the first time. ;-)

So, if you are not completely against the fact that today is November 15th, and I am done decorating my house for Christmas, please feel free to enjoy some pictures from our evening.

As always, I feel the need to capture every moments for our family in Atlanta and for my husband who is out of town once again. He has missed 5 straight years of tree decorating - I am beginning to think he is doing this on purpose!

Tree19
Tree18
Tree16
Tree17
Tree15
Tree8
Tree9
DSC_0581Tree7
Tree6
Tree5
Tree3
Tree11
Tree12
Tree13


5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, artificial tree envy. ;) DH is still holding out on me on that one. You forgot one more bonus: being able to take current, Christmassy pictures of your kids for your Christmas cards, and still get them out on time!!

    Enjoy your festive home. Maybe a tiny crazy ;), but I know your kids love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post! I still laugh just thinking about the picture of how D put the tangled ornaments up as one ornament...the soldier is upside down! Beautiful memories captured on digital imagines...thank you for helping the miles between us seem far less than they are. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time together. You're not crazy :) The reason for the season is so important and wonderful, why not celebrate all year long with pretty decorations?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its great! I'm decorating before Thanksgiving for the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a good while after you made this post but i will post anyways. I dont think you are crazy , if you are then we both are lol. I have a tradition that me and my friends have done the last 4 years. We call it Meatloaf christmas night. We have a big meatloaf dinner the tuesday before thanksgiving and decorate my tree. Me and my friends decided we like my place to be decorated fully for that night. So I start decorating the first week of November ( tree goes up first) I love christmas and have no trouble decorating early, i get to enjoy it that much longer. :)

    ReplyDelete