Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ballerina Princess

This weekend was C's second ballet recital. I can't say she did much "better" but she did look cute and did a few twirls and arm raises....then they formed a circle by holding hands and spun around. It was very sweet - especially to a beautiful rendition of Taps. The whole recital was a salute to the troops. I can truly say that it was very special to watch. Here is the post from her Christmas recital. And yes, they wore the same costumes - saves money that way!

Nana and Auntie came to see C too :-)
For some reason unknown to me, watching this little video of my daughter dance - or rather stand for the most part - to Taps makes me tear up. I don't know if it's because she is big enough to be in her second ballet recital, or if its because when I see her, I see the Lord and all His goodness, or if it's because my husband is deployed and every patriotic song hits home just a little bit harder. Maybe its a combination of all three... I hope it makes you smile :-)

For those of you that don't know who my daughter is, she is the one I am sort of focusing on that is...well...just standing there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment