Monday, June 7, 2010

Just the Right Words

Oceans apart
day after day
and I slowly go insane
I hear your voice
on the line
but it doesn't stop the pain
if I see you next to never
how can we say forever

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I took for granted
all the times
that I thought would last somehow
I hear the laughter
I taste the tears
But I cant get near you now
oh can't you see it baby
You've got me going crazy

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I wonder how we can survive this romance
but in the end
If I'm with you, I'll take the chance

Do you recognize those words? Did you think I wrote them? I think if I could actually write poetry at all, that is pretty much what I would write.

These are actually the lyrics to my very favorite song about 20 years ago. You read that right - when I was 7-8 years old, I used to call the radio station (Power 99 for those of you in Atlanta...remember 99X before it was 99X?) and request this song. It's by Richard Marx and its called Right Here Waiting.

This song always stuck with me and I have had it downloaded on our computer for a long time. I came across it the other day and listened to it just because, and I couldn't believe how perfect the lyrics were for what I feel right now! I miss my husband like crazy! Like something I can't describe. He'll be home in 17 days, but it doesn't actually make me miss him any less. I still day dream about him and think about what he's doing. I think about if he's thinking about me - since I'm sure he does sit around all day dreaming of me :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to share these words. I feel like they perfectly describe how I feel. Yet, I've been hearing them for 20 years. The Lord has an odd way of preparing us for certain things doesn't He? haha...could He have been prepping me for these long separations by settling this song in my heart as a child? I wouldn't put it past Him!!! God is pretty amazing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment