Monday, February 7, 2011

Toddler Nighttime Solution

My Big Boy D has been potty training for the last several months. He is still doing remarkably well and is down to only wearing a Pull-Up when we run out of the house for any reason (I do not trust his bladder on outings yet) and of course for naps and bedtime. For him, this is about 2 Pull-Ups a day since he typically stays dry when we are out and about.

Two Pull-Ups a day is really great in my mind. I mean, he isn't even 2 1/2 years old yet! Nonetheless, being the cloth diaper lover that I am, I hate buying disposable Pull-Ups. The $8.99 every 12-14 days makes me cringe every time I have to pick up a pack.

I have tried a couple different cloth pull-up style options, but they haven't gotten a good fit on my skinny little one. This is why I keep going back to the disposable Pull-Ups. I don't know exactly what the final straw was, but three days ago, I decided, enough is a enough. I have a million cloth diapers that still fit D. Why not just stick him back in a cloth diaper for bed time? Then we'd only be using ONE Pull-Up a day. That sounded like a good plan to me!

So, back in a diaper he went for bedtime. I was so excited to see one of my lovely diapers on his cute bum again :-) Even my husband commented how cute it was to see him in a diaper again.

I had actually already snapped the rise way down to make the one-size diapers teeny tiny for the baby coming in a couple months, so I had to unsnap the rise and stuff in a more absorbent insert, but alas, my Bum Genius diapers did it again. They held a whole 12 hours worth of pee and still got a great leak proof fit!

Plus, he looks completely adorable just before I slip on his PJs and tuck him into bed :-) Just thought I'd share our new nighttime solution. For those of you that are in the same boat...maybe a Bum Genius diaper would work for you too!

2 comments:

  1. Goooooo D!!! he has quite the room... cars.. McKennon would love that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bum Genius is my favorite type of cloth diaper. I just bought Reagan 3 Bum Genius 4.0. They were supposedly flawed (you can't even tell) and so I got them for $12 each. I LOVE the snaps! Reagan wears them at night and they rarely leak. That was the only time we were using disposable diapers and now we aren't spending any money on diapers! Yay! I still have trouble with the stink though. I'm going to try drying them in the sun and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete