Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dear Baby

Sweet Baby Boy,

You turned 6 weeks old yesterday. When I look at you, I can't believe you've only been here for 6 weeks because it seems like you've always been here. Maybe its just that you've always been a part of my heart. I knew I wanted you long before you began to grow in my belly.

Your sweet face has a way of instantly brightening my mood no matter what the day has thrown my way. You are such an amazing little baby. You just started to smile 2 days ago and each time I see those corners of your mouth began to turn upwards, I react like a child whose just been given a prize. I get giddy and eager for more!

You are nursing well, sleeping well, pooping well, and only crying when you have some sort of need. I find joy in meeting those needs these days. Most days, you are easily settled. I love to hold you and rock you. I love to wear you in the baby carrier as much as you love to be worn. That thing is pretty magical for both of us. You snuggle in to my chest and I can't seem to keep from kissing the top of your head and rubbing your back. You have a way of melting me each time you look up at me with your chin resting on your little hands. I love the way it feels when you get sleepy. Your little body softens and I feel your head gently lay down. Then I can feel your breath on my skin. It is a beautiful mommy-baby moment every time!

Your sister adores you more than I can say - more than you'll ever remember. She sings to you, kisses you, sits by you, and holds your tiny hands. She can't seem to stay away from you. Its as if there is some sort of magnetic force that draws her right to you all day long. She is the best big sister in the whole world! I know you must love her and all her attention. I hope that never changes.

Your big brother loves you as best as he knows how. For him, that means he kisses you a million times a day. He loves to talk sweetly to you and bounce you in the bouncy seat. Sometimes he can get a little rough and careless so I still have to hold him back from you a lot, but I know as you and he both get older, that will change. I think you two will grow up to be best buddies.

I am going to wrap this up for now. Your Daddy has you upstairs at the moment. He is doing some school work on the computer and holding you all at the same time. He can't get enough of you. Nobody can.

I love you more than you will ever know. You complete our family in a way better than I could ever have imagined. I'm going to go run upstairs and stare at you with Daddy now. I love you!

Love Forever,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. This post made me tear up. I know all too well exactly how you feel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you could have said it more perfect. You described the instant love I'm feeling towards my sweet baby too. You are a wonderful mother and I love watching you with your three little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you love your little ones...so do I. They melt my heart whenever I see them. D makes me smile and shake my head at the same time! C is so sweet and artistic. And little N, I have a feeling will be coaxed by D...good luck with that! Love all of you so very much. Blessed to have them for my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete