Friday, July 29, 2011

Third Baby

"Is he your first?"

"No, he's my third. I have a 5 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old son too. "

This is pretty much a standard conversation when people see me walking around with N strapped to my chest in one of my baby carriers. (On the rare occasion when I don't have my other two ducklings following behind me, of course.)

The problem is that I wish I could add more.

"He may be my third, but he is every bit as special as my first and second. He is not simply one more child in my kid clan. He is created by God, loved by me and his dad, and he is just about as perfect as they come."

I think every baby should be celebrated - not because moms and dads need MORE baby products for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th babies, but because each baby is special and unique.

N is different from C and D. He is an easier baby. He is my only exclusively breastfed baby. He likes to fall asleep on my chest. He likes his bouncy seat. He doesn't like the car seat. He smiles a wide mouth smile. He doesn't have much hair. He has a very round head and his thighs have a bit of a roll on them. He weighs 13lbs. He loves baths, his paci, being rocked, sleeping swaddled, and having his hand up by his ear.

He is a gift. A blessing unlike any other. He is my son.
My third baby - but my only N.

No comments:

Post a Comment