Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blessings

I have been especially weepy lately and I can't really explain why. All I know is that just thinking of my children or my husband makes me well up with tears more than it ever has before. I don't know if this is due to my husband recently returning home or because of the knowledge that he will be gone again in several months. Or if it is because I have truly mixed feelings about my baby being almost 8 months old and already being big enough to wear size 18 month clothes. Or if it is because I signed my 3 year old up for preschool and Vacation Bible School. I honestly don't know where the time has gone. I couldn't wait for D to get out of the "newborn" cry/sleep/eat all the time stage and now it seems like I blinked and today I noticed he is just starting to cut his first two teeth. And my precious daughter... I can't believe she is no longer a toddler. She is a kid - a little kid who got put in time out today at VBS. She speaks as clear as day and will tell you exactly what she is thinking at any given moment (remind you of anyone?). 

My day begins early and ends late. I do endless laundry and dishes and cannot count the jars of baby food and "puffs" I go through in a week. I pour cups of juice and wipe countless bottoms (well, just two bottoms, but I wipe them countless times!) throughout the day.  I make beds, change sheets, pick up toys, fold clothes, and run errand after errand. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind. BUT when I stop to think about my children and my husband and what they mean to me, I cry...every time.  I am just kind of an emotional wreck. I am so very happy to be doing all of this, and I cannot imagine my life any other way. I know that children are a gift from the Lord and I know that many couples try for years to be able to have a child. I am so very very blessed that I was able to get pregnant exactly when I wanted to. I know this is not the norm. I also know there are many children who are not healthy and that their moms and dads celebrate each day and/or month as a milestone. This video stopped me in my tracks and made me realize how blessed I am... 


It also made me see how amazing his parents were for seeing the way little Eliot changed their lives and the lives of so many others. I pray that I would never have to face an issue like this, and in the meantime I will be thanking the Lord that my precious children are physically healthy and happy kids that play, jump, scream, sit, breathe, and eat just as they should. 

I also know that not all families have a dad and not all wives still have their husbands. So many families lost their moms or dads on 9/11 and continue to as our country fights in the Middle East. And right here in the US, young men and women die everyday in car accidents or of cancer and other prolonged illnesses. This was never as apparent to me as it was when I worked in the ER and ICU in Tennessee. I didn't realize how many men and women didn't make it to age 35. Every day of my own life and of my husband's life is a blessing as well. 

So, I don't know why I am so weepy lately, but I do know that I am blessed beyond belief by just having the life I have. Maybe I am just getting to be a weepy mom or maybe I am just hormonal. Either way, watch the video I posted and you will surely realize how blessed you are as well :-) Right now I need to go make something for dinner. C just came up to me and told me, "Mommy, my tummy is rumbling." haha, I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment