Saturday, March 20, 2010

Workout Saturday

Wow! I have been a bad blogger lately! So sorry about that. Life has just taken over these last couple weeks. My evenings are now taken over by workouts and then showers and baths to rinse away the sweat. Then I am too worn out to think about sitting down at the computer to blog.

Even at this moment, it's after 9:30pm and all I want to do is take the dog out one last time and go to bed :-) I promise I will work harder this week to blog about all the wonderful topics I'd love to tell you about. Like, my "God bracelet" (what C calls it), C's new big girl bedding, and of course my Multitude Monday's - Gratitude.

But, because it's Saturday night I suppose I'll give you a workout update. It's been an amazing weight loss week. In short, I have lost an additional 3.4 pounds - bringing my total weight loss to a whopping 25.0 pounds! I can't even believe I can write that out. I am still in shock each day when I step on the scale :-) It's a wonderful feeling that I haven't felt in many years. I love it. A lot.

I am still in the last phase of Chalean Extreme doing extreme moves that work upper body, lower body, and my core all at once. I added new cardio routines to my week by acquiring Turbo Jam, a Chalene Johnson kickboxing-meets-dance workout. I got it because I am getting kind of tired of doing the same Chalean Extreme cardio/interval workouts week after week. I have done the Turbo Jam twice so far - a different workout each time. It is so fun, but I sure do feel like a fool. Chalene jabs left, I jab right. She kicks back, I kick to the left. Haha, you get the idea :-) I think after doing it for a while, I will get it though! Either way, as I jump, jab, and kick, at least I am burning calories (even if my moves don't always match hers).

Lastly, I started Shakeology, a super healthy meal replacement shake. I don't eat as healthy as I know I should, so I was excited to try this nutrient rich delicious shake. My Beachbody coach sent me a free sample last week and I LOVED the taste, so I placed an order for myself. So far I can't get enough, haha. I have had it now for 3 days, an I can say that I have looked forward to it each time. In fact, I want to have it for breakfast before church tomorrow, but I know I should wait until lunch because lunch is always a busy time after church here at our house and I know I will need the "pick me up" this delicious chocolate shake gives me. So, we'll see how long I make it before I get to blending my favorite meal of the day :-)

And...to my hubby....I can't thank you enough for allowing me to purchase this rather expensive shake. Thank you for trusting me to know that I will use it wisely and continue kicking my own booty each day so that I look fantastic when you see me again! Come home soon! I am shaping up rather nicely :-)

Okay, I need to go to bed...Again, I apologize for my lazy bloggy-ness. I will make it a goal this week to write about all the things I want to write about. But, please forgive me if after a whole day with the kids, then a crazy workout, and a much needed hot bath, I am just too pooped to support my own body weight on this chair and come up with decently proper sentences to get across all my thoughts and stories :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for working hard to look good for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete