Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chalean Extreme Recap

People at church stop me, people in my neighborhood stop and ask me, facebook friends ask me, people in Target stop and ask me...What are they asking?

"How did you lose the weight?"
"Is it an exercise plan, diet plan, or both?"
"How many days a week?"
"How long are the workouts?"
"Is it is fun?"
"How much does it cost?"

So, instead of continuing to repeat myself (even though I do LOVE to talk about the program), I decided I'd answer all the usual questions in one blog post and then just refer my friends back here :-) It's always easier for me to digest something I read and can refer back to then just trying to remember what someone told me.

"How did you lose the weight?"
-I used Chalean Extreme which is a 90-day Beachbody exercise program that focuses more on resistance training (either weights or resistance bands) that cardiovascular training. It is based on the science that Muscle Burns Fat....the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn - even when you sleep! This pretty much speeds up your metabolism and gets you burning more calories every day! Pretty Fabulous in my opinion :-) In Chalean Extreme, you use heavy weights. I use 5 lb weights for the warm up and then during the workouts I use 8lbs, 12lbs, 15lbs, 20lbs, and 25lbs weights depending on what body part the particular exercise is focusing on. My legs and back are super strong. My shoulders and tripceps need a lower weight since they can't compare to the strenth of my quads and booty :-) This is NOT a program that you can use 3 and 5lb weights and expext to see results. You must use heavy weights. You will not bulk up. I promise :-)

"Is it an exercise plan, diet plan, or both?"
-Mostly Chalean Extreme is an exercise program. It does come with a Fat Burning Guide that includes a diet plan. To be honest, I didn't use it. I did monitor my caloric intake, but I did not actually count calories (what Chalene Johnson, the creator of the program, recommends). I do know that if I completely plateau in my weight-loss, I will begin counting calories. On average we eat far more calories than we estimate we eat - which is why losing weight is usually so hard! Chalean Extreme also comes with a DVD that sows you how to give your kitchen a makeover and shares a few quick and easy recipes. I loved that DVD. It has great ideas and the recipes are delicious...think chicken salad and chocolate pudding!

"How many days a week?"
-In short, it's 5 days a week. 3 days are resistance training. 2 days are cardio (one of which is interval training and abs, and the other is strictly cardio and then stretching) There is a schedule that you follow that tells you which days to do which workout and which days to rest.


"How long are the workouts?"
-About 35-40 minutes most days. In the last month, the workouts are closer to 45 minutes. Very doable overall though.


"Is it is fun?"
-Is working out ever really "fun?" I will be honest with you, I really enjoyed the workouts for the most part. I would not consider them "fun" but they are definitely the most enjoyable workout I've ever done. Chalene Johnson is extremely encouraging and uplifting and I feel like I got to "know" the other folks in the videos. Nobody in the videos is annoying or anything. The workouts are challenging, but in a very good way. I love the way I feel after each workout. And I LOVE the results that I see weekly on the scale and with the tape measure. The results speak for themselves :-)

"How much does it cost?"
The program is about $120 plus $19 shipping and handling. Total is about $150 by the time you hit "Place Order." In my book, it is TOTALLY worth it! You get the workout DVDs, the Kitchen Makeover DVD, an inspirational audio CD, a thigh toner resistance band, the guidebook, the Fat Burning Guide, and the Fat "clippers" to measure your body fat percentage. Here is where you can go to get all the official information.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. This program (and me sticking to it) has changed my life. Since January of this year, I have lost 33.2 pounds and over 35 inches. I am down from a snug size 14 to an 8-10. From an XL to a Medium.

Since I started the program and began seeing results many of my friends and family members have begun the program as well. My mom and sister are doing great and are both down about 20 pounds. Three of my cousins are doing it. My Aunt is doing it. My mother-in law, sister-in law and brother-in law are doing it (he lost 10 pounds in the first week!!! Holy Moly!). My neighbor is doing it too! Bye-bye baby weight!

And because I just took this picture as I sat down to write this, I thought I'd post it here. This is how my 18 month old "helps me" when I'm at the computer. He insists on sitting on my lap while I am at the computer :-)



1 comment:

  1. Got my copy of this workout program from Amazon and I'm so excited that I want to share the discount that I received: http://amzn.to/Znryge - You will not be disappointed, I'm making some great progress.

    ReplyDelete