Monday, May 3, 2010

A love letter

Dear B,
I chose to write you a public love letter this evening (maybe a private one will follow...) since I am really missing you right now. I just finished working out and as I sit here sweaty and sticky, I just wish you were here to talk about our day and then get cleaned up and ready for bed. I just miss having you around the house to share the everyday adventures with me. Today, Darby got off her leash when I walked her first think in the morning. Picture me running back into the house in my PJs to retrieve a dog biscuit and the dog food. It enticed her back to me, but not before I had to run across the street to the neighbor's yard and talk my sweet loving words (grumbling under my breath) to her.

Yesterday marked 6 months since you left. It doesn't really seem like its been that long most days, but then when I pause and think that you missed Thanksgiving in Rockmart, the first ballet recital, Christmas in Atlanta, D's first steps, Valentine's Day, C's 4th birthday party, your birthday and me completely transforming my body, it makes me realize exactly how long its been since I've seen you. Haha, you don't even know half my friends here! I don't know what I would do without the "ballet moms," my MOPS friends, our neighbor across the street and K just off post. These women have been my lifeboat when I thought I might drown! I can't wait for you to meet them :-)

I also can't wait for you to come home so we can work out together. I know you will be such a great encourager when all I want to do is crash on the couch instead of put on tennis shoes and lift weights. I can't wait for you to see me in person. And I can't wait to see you. I can't believe you've actually lost weight, haha. You look amazing in the pictures I've seen. More handsome then ever!

I am totally beginning to feel the stress of our upcoming move. I know I keep saying that I can go to the transportation office and take care of all the paper work for the move, but then I saw the line outside the door one day in the Soldier Support Center. Yikes! I better arrange some sort of child care that day! Looks like it could take all day.

Somewhere between the car repairs, emissions tests, doctor's appointments, birthday parties, light-bulbs going out, 3 ER visits, roaches, spiders, and the bird nest in your grill (seriously!), I have hit a wall. I need you to come home. I feel like I have stretched as far as I can. I know we don't know yet if you'll be home in one month or two, but either one can't come a day too soon. Just know that when I lay eyes on you, I may collapse in pure exhaustion...or at least toss the baton to you on my way down :-) (thats after I jump you and kiss you like crazy of course!)

I am so proud of you and the way you pursued this position in Washington DC like you did. You weren't going to take "No" for an answer. I love your perseverance. We are so blessed that it looks like everything is going to work out for our move and for your new position. I am truly the luckiest wife in the world. Next year is going to be a fun time for our family! The kids are going to LOVE seeing you everyday! Who knew I'd be so excited to just to lay eyes on you and be able to hug you. The things we used to take for granted are now considered luxuries that I dream about.

I am going to go hop in the bath for a few minutes to wash away the stickiness on my skin. I love you. I hope your workout is going well this evening as well. I know you are pushing yourself. I tried to think of you as I wanted to quit about 15 minutes into my workout. I thought that you wouldn't quit. And I thought of how much I like my new sculpted arms and smaller jeans :-)

I love you.
I miss you.
I hope you get to come home sooner rather than later :-)

Forever Yours,
R



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter. I think it's wonderful to praise our husbands publicly! I hope he comes home to you soon! You're so strong for carrying on on your own for so long! He's going to be thrilled to see you, and I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all you've been able to done all alone. We are so very proud of you as well, as I'm sure B is too. It won't be long and your family will be together again. I love you both very much and can't wait for the children to be able to see their daddy daily. He has missed so much...and he's such a great daddy! I'm so thankful you have such wonderful girlfriends who love and care about one another.

    ReplyDelete