Saturday, February 13, 2010

Workout Saturday

This was a crazy week here at our house, so I don't have great progress to report on the new "Workout Saturday" report. I started the next 30-day phase of Chalean Extreme called the Push Phase. I am now using REALLY heavy weights on the 3 resistance training days. I have mostly used all 15, 20, and 25 pound weights depending on which body part I am working. I LOVE the weight training workouts. The cardio/interval training days still kick my booty! I only lost about a pound but did again lose a couple inches from all over my body - mostly in my hips this week, yay!

I went out and bought a pair of jeans in a size smaller today even though I was going to wait longer. I just couldn't resist...and I wanted a pair of jeans that fit really well! My diet suffered some this week since I had to take D to the ER one night (and I missed a workout!!!) and then we had family come in town for a few days - yummy Texas Roadhouse and mother-in-law's mashed potatoes were a must! Either way, I am still proud of myself for getting in all 5 days of workouts and eating "pretty good!"

I really hope to have some great progress to report next week! I will be working my booty off every evening (I switched my workouts to the evenings now....I needed the extra sleep). Chalene Johnson - the workout video gal - says its normal to actually gain a few pounds when you switch phases, so I am not surprised I only lost one pound. Its still better than gaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment