Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Recap

There are so many things I want to blog about but just can't seem to find the time these days. As I type these words, D is upstairs in my mom's house refusing to nap - and by that I mean, he is crying loud enough for me to hear him all the way down the hall, down the stairs, across the living room and into the kitchen. My attempt to rock him ended abruptly when he tried to "alligator roll" in my arms. So....

Friday night I enjoyed a marvelous evening of peace and quiet in a beautiful hotel room all by myself. I took a hot bath, shaved my legs, washed my face, put on a robe, and hopped in the white-linen-clad king size bed. I tried to watch the Olympics but that was just too loud and boisterous for my evening. I read some and then prayed some. All the relaxing made me very tired so I actually went to bed at 9:30 - much earlier than I had intended. I had wanted to stay up and read for a long time! I was awoken in the morning by a phone call (uggg...who is calling me on my morning to sleep in?)...from my husband! I glanced at the clock before I answered the phone and was shocked that it was 9:04am! I haven't slept in that late in almost 4 years! Needless to say, I felt great and well rested.

After a delicious breakfast, I checked out and headed to a bridal luncheon for my wonderful friend of nearly 14 years. It was so enjoyable to see her and meet her friends and future family members. We dined on girly things like muffins, quiche, salad and fruit before caravaning to her lingerie shower. Oooh, I love lingerie showers! It's so fun to celebrate one of the most exciting components of marriage - and truly a blessing to do it with fellow Christian sisters. So pure and perfect!

Just for the record, the baby is still crying and despite my second rocking attempt, he is left to cry alone. Why couldn't my childless relaxing day last longer than 24 hours?

I wanted to write all about my horrible drive to Atlanta a few days ago, but I am afraid I just don't have the time and mindset to recall it's horribleness while my son is screaming and daughter keeps coming out from her nap "to tell me something." I'll give you the recap in a few words:

-lots of rain
-2 stops
-children that didn't sleep at all during the entire 7 hour drive
-an outside entrance unisex gas station bathroom (in the rain)
-no phone zone car (meaning that I couldn't shoot the breeze for 30 minutes with my mom or a friend to help pass the time)
-leaving our table at Wendy's to take C potty in the middle of our "meal"
-20 minutes of hysterical crying from D (so much that I had to flip on the dome light to make sure he wasn't bleeding or had a limb dangling)
-lots of rain
-sleepless children
-lots of rain
-sleepless children

Okay, I have to wrap this up. He is still crying. I think I may go hide under a pillow...or at least in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment