Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Last Few Items

After going through all my old baby things and pulling out the cute little outfits and blankies, I have made a short list of items I would still like to acquire for the new baby. None of these items are obviously, "must have" items since I have had 2 babies and haven't had them yet, but nonetheless, I'd love to try them with Baby No. 3.

Since I am constantly learning more about parenting from other mommies, I have learned the benefits of some of these newer products and like most people, I'd love to try them out. Anything that has given other mommies more rest and happier babies is a winner in my book!

So, sit back and take a look at some of these cool baby products. Maybe you'll want to add one or two to your baby wish list as well :-)

First up is the Woombie Swaddle wrap. I am a huge swaddling fan and I love to see new products out there that keep babies happy and content and all snuggled up in a safe way. The Woombie seems pretty cool to me. I have read that many moms rate this as their No. 1 baby product. I can see why babies would love it. Its very stretchy and soft. Its lightweight and allows baby to move his arms around within the wrap. It does pretty much look like it would feel in the womb, haha. I'd love to give one of these a try!
Next is the Beco Butterfly 2 baby carrier. It is both a front and a back carrier and it holds babies from the newborn stage all the way up to an older toddler age (45lbs)! From the reviews I've read, it is very comfortable and distributes the baby's weight very well across the parent's body. You can even transfer it from mommy to daddy without removing the baby. Pretty cool feature in my opinion! It is expensive, but I think it will be money very well spent....once I find the money, that is, haha.
Next on my wish list would be a nursing cover. I've never had one of these nice ones with the stay put opening on the neckline. I love the fact that you can see the baby while you're nursing. I love that you can adjust the baby on the breast without having to hide under under the cover yourself. Plus, I love all the beautiful fabrics available for these. The one I have been looking at is the Hooter Hiders nursing cover. I think it looks pretty awesome to be able to nurse in public (and even just around extended family) without anyone feeling embarrassed or exposed :-) I would LOVE to have one of these!
The last thing that I'd love is a new diaper bag. I have a couple bags that I've bought over the years and although I do like them and plan to use them, I'd love a new one that is special for this baby. I have settled on the Do-it-all Diaper Bag from Land's End. I can't seem to grab a picture of it, but if you click on the words, it will link you to it. It opens like a "doctor's bag" and it is incredibly roomy. I think it will hold my cloth diapers, pacis, extra outfits, nursing cover (haha!) and wallet with room to spare. I would also love to have it embroidered with N's initials. I just think that would make it look so special :-) Ahhh, I can dream, right?

I hope you enjoyed my wish list. I am not having a baby shower with this third baby, so I can't be certain if/when I will be able to acquire these few items. When and if I do though, I will be sure to blog about them and let you know how they worked for me! I'd love to share the success of these baby products with you.

Oh, and on that note, the Bio-Oil I've been using on my belly to keep stretch marks at bay is STILL WORKING WONDERS! I am now almost 34 weeks along and haven't gotten a single one. This is so incredibly exciting since I got so many stretch marks with my previous pregnancies. I am also not suffering from the horribly itchy belly that I suffered with in the past. The Bio-Oil is awesome!! I highly recommend it to you pregnant women out there in blogger land!
(You can faintly see the sheen of the "old stretch marks" on my belly, but overall, the results are remarkable! By this stage in my previous pregnancies, I looks like I had a purple road map from my pubic bone up to above my belly button.)

1 comment:

  1. I have a Hooter Hider and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Can't say enough about it. It's awesome.

    And I think I want that diaper bag too. I have a few i've used over the years, but I hate when things drop to teh bottom and you can't find it...that wide opening is perfect.

    ReplyDelete