Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh Glorious Day - A Study of God's Truth

It's B.

Although rare, there are some songs that at least for me really bring out the Glory of God. The lyrical content has to match proper Theology. When this happens, it gets added to my playlist and I listen to it constantly. Keep in mind my playlist is only 21 songs long. That's how particular I can be. Well, I found another one. The lyrics are rich with the Truth of our Great God. So I thought I would share it and also place next to the line a scripture verse for you to study and see the Truth. Soli Deo Gloria!

Casting Crowns - Oh Glorious Day: (click to hear the song)

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
(Revelation 4:8)
One day when sin was as black as could be
(Psalm 51:5)
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
(Luke 1:31)
Dwelt among men, my example is He
(Luke 2:52)
Word became flesh and the light shined among us, His glory revealed
(John 1:14)

Living, He loved me
(1 John 4:19)
Dying, He saved me
(2 Thessalonians 2:13)
Buried, He carried my sins far away
(Psalm 103:12)
Rising, He justified freely forever
(Romans 3:24)
One day He's coming
(Matthew 24:27)
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day
(Isaiah 28:5)

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain
(John 19:17)
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
(Galations 3:13)
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
(Isaiah 53:3)
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
(2 Corinthians 5:21)
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
(Mark 1:34)
And took the nails for me
(1 Corinthians 1:18)

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
(Romans 6:9)
One day the stone rolled away from the door
(Luke 24:2)
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
(Revelation 20:6)
Now He is ascended, my Lord evermore
(Ephesians 4:10)
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him,from rising again
(Romans 1:4)

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
(1 Thessalonians 4:16)
One day the skies with His glories will shine
(Revelation 21:23)
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
(Isaiah 4:2)
My Savior, Jesus, is mine
(Luke 1:47)

Oh, glorious day
(Isaiah 28:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment