Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Soldier Mom

They say "A picture is worth a thousand words." I think there are no words to describe this picture. Words do not do it justice.


I saw it for the first time a couple years ago in the newspaper and then stumbled upon it again on a blog the other day. Both times, it left me teary eyed and speechless. I couldn't imagine being away from my children for the length of time this mom probably was away from her daughter. It's her face, her back pack, her rugged boots...she's a mom though. This is the third Thanksgiving in a row my husband has missed and the third Christmas season in a row he has missed as well. Yet still, this picture gets me because she's a mom. Moms are different than dads. May God bless her and her sweet daughter. I hope they are together right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment