Thursday, January 7, 2010

The First Day

Today is the first day of the rest of my life :-) It is for you too, haha. For me though, this means taking control of my health and fitness. I am worth more than I have allowed myself to become. I have tried before to "lose weight" but this time, weight loss isn't the entire goal. I am not starting Weight Watchers or a strict nutritional program, but rather a 90 day fitness program called, ChaLean Extreme. It is one of the Beachbody programs that have become so popular in the past few years. My hubby is doing Insanity (I kind of shudder when I say it....click on it to see why) which is a SUPER tough 60 day program. I opted for ChaLean Extreme which focuses on building muscle...which in turn, burns fat. I do not want to write a long post today because I need a shower while D is still napping - today was Day 1 and I sure got my sweat on!

So, today is Day 1. I am so excited about starting this. I am 100% committed to not missing a day of this program because I know if I miss one day, I'll miss two...and then three. My only option is to go straight through until the beginning of April. I WILL be a Beachbody success story in 90 days. Then I will choose another program and keep on going. I want fitness to become a priority to me. This year, this is what I am doing for me. As a busy mom, I have lost sight of what I need and who I am. Frequently the only thing I do for myself in a given week is drive through the Starbucks drive-through 2-3 times. It's clearly time for a change! So, now every morning I'll be up at 5:10 working out with Chalene Johnson. It's my new way of life!

I tell you this to give myself some accountability. I will post a brief update every Thursday. I hope to lose weight, lose inches, increase my strength and tone up! I will also be altering my diet in a big way - using food as fuel for my body and nothing else. I must fill up with healthy choices if I want my body to perform at its best. Please pray for me as I begin this journey. This is a big change for me. I know I am a child of God though and I know I need to value my life and the body he has given me more than I have in the past. This is for me...and for His glory! And please let me know if you are doing anything similar. I'd love a workout buddy!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Randi! I'm trying to get my tail into high gear at the gym, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you Randi! I'm so proud of your achievements so far! We will just keep going :)

    ReplyDelete