Thursday, January 14, 2010

Workout Thursday

Did you come check this specifically to hear my Week 1 results on ChaLean Extreme? If so, great job remembering that today is my weekly update! And if not, well....remember next week and check back again then too!

I have GREAT news to report for my first week on my new program. I changed my eating habits drastically and worked out 6 out of 7 days (there is always 2 rest days...I added an ab workout on one of the days). First of all, I feel great and secondly, I lost 4.2 pounds! Yay! Not bad at all for Week 1. I loved eating healthy and truly enjoyed fueling my body with yummy yogurt, granola, clementines, shrimp, brown rice, bananas, chicken salad, egg whites, string cheese, salad, chicken, coffee with fat free creamer, skinny lattes, Lean pockets, and more whole grains. I finished off a 24 pack of bottled water and still have several diet cokes left in my fridge from my 12 pack (I drank about 3 bottles of water a day and only one diet coke). My kids even ate healthier since I was preparing better dishes. They ate wheat bread, brown rice and whole wheat pancakes and never once complained.

I woke up each morning at 5:10 and finished my workouts by 6:10 - just in time to take a quick break before the kids woke up. It was hard to get up, but every morning I thought of how much I needed this and how great I felt each day at 7am when I had already worked out, drank a bottle of water, relaxed, had a cup of coffee, and had both kids up. So productive! My workouts each left me feeling exhausted yet strong. I love the way my muscles feel after lifting weights. I love the soreness and how I really feel my abs and back muscles during the day. It's a great feeling!

Anyway, I am excited about Week 2 and really excited about the results. I can't wait to report back next Thursday on how I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment