Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gratitude

Sorry that I haven't been too "bloggy" lately. I was home for Christmas with my family and friends and though I have thought about all sorts of things to write about, I just haven't had the chance to sit down and write them out.

I was completely overwhelmed by how quickly my blog census worked! I have so many followers now! What fun! Now I feel more pressure to write better - it was more carefree when I thought my parents and sisters were the only people that read this, haha. Just kidding. I am thrilled that more than just my immediate family takes the time to ready what I write about our lives. I feel flattered and blessed all at the same time :-)

So for those of you that may just be joining me on my Multitude Mondays, you may wonder why most Sunday nights or Mondays I write about 10-12 ways God has blessed me. Its simply just me counting what I am thankful for...basically, ways He has blessed me. My goal is 1000, but I know overtime, I could probably hit 5000 and still easily think of more. Check this out if you want to learn more, or if you'd like to participate. I'd love to read your blessings each week as well.

God's gifts to me...

91. Each one of you that takes the time to read these posts as I write them. It really means a lot to me.

92. The ability to drive to Athens to visit my best friend. We now drive minivans (she even has the little "family" on her back window, haha!) and talk car seats and toys, but we can still relate like we did when we were 17 years old and were talking final exams and homecoming dates.

93. C's funny comments that always keep me laughing. She really wants a baby girl - a sister, and upon being told "no" when she wanted to redecorate their shared bathroom in a princess theme, she reiterated how she wanted a girl once again. I told her maybe one day God would give us one. She then told me, "When we get a baby girl, we can send D to someone else." Hahaha!

94. The new curtains in my dining room and kitchen that make me so happy every time I look at them.

95. The generosity of my photographer friend who photographed my children free of charge since she too is a military wife and has known me and my family for quite some time. What a huge blessing!

96. Every step D takes....today he took 12 without falling!

97. Being home in my own bed.

98. A HOT shower on a 25 degree morning.

99. Dora the Explorer. She helps entertain my daughter and teaches her all sorts of things. C knows more words in Spanish than I do, haha. I love Dora.

100. Skype. Without this program I don't know how I wold talk to B everyday. We can even see each other when ever we want. This technology is truly a Gift :-)

101. A safe drive back to North Carolina. 380 miles in the car with the kids and dog always has me a little worried, but He delivered me home without incident.

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment