Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Workout Update

I have now completed week 3 of Chalean Extreme and am still dumbfounded at my progress...in a good way. I am SO much stronger than I was when I started this earlier in the month. I just did 20 REAL pushups...on my toes. This may not be that impressive to you, but to me, it's huge. I could only do 1 or 2 of them just 3 short weeks ago. I only have one more week in this "Burn Phase" of the program and then I move to the "Push Phase." In the next phase, I will be lifting even heavier than I am now. Honestly, I am a little nervous since I am already using my hubby's 15-20lb weights regularly. Can I really even lift and function with his 25lb weights? I guess I will find out in 8 days!

I have now lost a total of 7.6 pounds :-) It's been coming off slower than I had hoped, BUT I have to take into consideration that I must creating some muscle in there as well. Since I don't know exactly how the body works and how fast the body builds muscle, I can't really estimate how much muscle I've built. But, I do know that I am a whole lot stronger than I was a few weeks ago. I haven't really lost anymore notable inches in this past week, but I have definitely lost more body fat. I should probably wait until my 30 day results to share this with you, but I am just too excited about it to wait until then. I have already gone from 32.5% body fat down to 29% body fat - in 3 weeks! I can't wait to see how much I go down in the whole 90 days!

Lastly, I discovered Subway sandwiches. Okay, I didn't actually just discover them. I always knew they existed...I just didn't care for them. I don't really enjoy deli style/cold cut sandwiches. But then I learned that they can "toast" them and create a turkey melt with melted american cheese, lettuce, and BANANA PEPPERS (my favorite!) all on a soft 9 grain wheat sub. Yum! I've had it twice this week :-) Today I am going to try the sweet onion teriyaki one - sounds awesome to me! Anyway, I can't wait to share my progress with you next week. I am HOPING to get down to a total of 10 pounds lost. Thats my goal!

Check out who is doing sit-ups with me :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!!! Way to go on your strength progress. I think you'll find that even if the "number" on the scale isn't what you want to see, when you're healthier and stronger, you'll feel so much better regardless. :)

    (For what it's worth, I prefer to go on the way my favorite clothes fit, rather than my weight. We don't even own a scale anymore. It's helped me have a healthier mindset about my body, since I have a natural tendency and lifelong battle to obsess over it.)

    Keep up the hard work, Mama! Sorry I've still been comment-horrible lately. I loved all your photos from MM (on Tue) this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete